Dana Dunbar, Chef/ Owner of Beach Plum Chef of Cape Cod -Brewster MA; USA
Cape Cod Personal Chef, Dinner Party Service, Catered Events, Custom Menus: Including Organic, Locally Sourced, Vegan and Vegetarian, Specific Diets
Full-Service Catering for 2-200 Guests:
- fine-dining dinner parties, receptions
- casual backyard grill
- family events
- multiple course seasonal tasting menus
- homemade food – farmers market highlights, organics, grass-fed as requested
- custom menus – so you can eat as you like
- multiple dietary requests same menu (for example – vegetarians, meat-eaters and dairy-free guests at the same event)
- experienced recipe support and advice for hosts who have gluten-free and other allergen-free menu requests
- event planning for dinner parties, wedding receptions and weddings
- professional and friendly servers, bartenders, raw bar staff, station chefs
- fully insured
- Massachusetts food handler and allergen-free certified
- Sears Institute Wellness Coach certified
In the Off-Season We Also Offer Weekly On-Site Cooking Services for Busy Families
Professional Chef: 25 plus years, working w private clients on Cape Cod since 2004.
- Chef Training: Three Top Ten Rated Fine Dining Restaurants in Santa Fe, New Mexico: On Water, Geronimo and Casa Sena
- Private Live-In Macrobiotic Chef for a Family of Four in Florence Italy
- Apprenticed in French Pastry Making w Chef Miguel De Luca Santa Fe, NM
- Chef/ Co-Owner Wedding and Special Events Catering – Cape Cod (2 years)
- Spa Foods Training w Executive Chef Hubert Holer, Buchinger Klinik Germany
- 2016 Certified Wellness Coach Certificate Dr. Sears Institute
- 2016 Kushi Institute Week for Wellness Macrobiotic Cooking Training
- 2004 – 2018 Chef/Owner Beach Plum Chef of Cape Cod, providing custom menus and event planning for private events, serving 2 – 200 guests
Custom Menu Service: begins with your vision. How it Works:
Build your menu with me from scratch or send me your ideas. I will ask you about the feeling of your event, and who’s coming to dinner.
After a consultation, I will send you a menu or menu options, with pricing. You can keep items or change the menu, or ask for additional menus.
Complimentary Menu Planning – I do not charge for a phone consultation or for a custom menu sent to you with pricing.
I wish you peaceful eating, a happy digestion, and pleasure in life – Chef Dana
A topic that is close to my heart is food and wellness; I have been studying Chinese Food Philosophy, and Western Healing with Food traditions for many years.
One of my favorite books on that topic is Paul Pitchford’s Healing with Whole Foods. What does my liver have to do with my emotions? I’d start with that book. I also recommend Rebecca Wood’s Food Encyclopedia.
And If you have an interest in history, food, and science try Harold McGee’s On Food and Science – you’ll find out what the difference is between single and double malted scotch, and why upper class Americans were called “blue bloods.” **
** American colonists and European aristocrats used silver pitchers, plates and eating utensils which transferred some silver into their food.
Silver oxygenates the blood and turns it blue, which also casts a blue tint onto the skin.
It was believed that silver kept food pure; colonists dropped silver dollars into milk pitchers to keep it from spoiling…. there is evidence to support that silver has antibacterial properties 🙂
beachplumchef.com Personal Chef and Event Services
Brewster, MA – Cape Cod – USA